Why Your Business Needs a Website.
There are still a lot of small businesses that do not have websites. The reasons could be many, but it mostly comes down to money. They believe that a website is expensive to get and maintain. To me, it is rather surprising how much small business owners believe a website will cost them. In truth, a website can be built for very little money and if you are on a tight budget, you can even get some very efficient and customer-friendly companies to let you pay for the making, managing and annual maintenance of your website in easy monthly or quarterly instalments! Remember, you don’t need a giant ten-thousand-page website for your business. Just a simple site that tells people about your company, your products and people (if any), and sells your products online (if you want to do that), will be more than enough.
Here are a few important reasons why your business must have a website:
- Influence – A website makes your business visible to thousands of people who, otherwise may not even know you exist. It gives you the platform to influence people’s decisions and educate them.
- Freedom – You don’t need permission from your boss or company lawyer. Drop the ‘F-Bomb’ all the time because you can, and no one can ask you to stop. It’s your website! Make it a world class business with thousands of customers.
- Marketing – The internet has opened up a whole new world of marketing that didn’t exist before. Use your website to attract new business and customers by using a low-cost marketing techniques. Run as many promotions as you would like. Offer as many discounts as you want. Combo sales, 1+1, referral bonuses, retention discount, member special, holiday sale, season sale, the options are endless, and you are free to create even more. Once you have a website, just experiment and see what works best for you.
- Availability – Your website runs 24/7 without any supervision. You do not have to be present to look at its functioning, and yet always be there for your customers.
- Choice – Once you have a website, no matter what your interest, you can easily make new business and personal connections with other website owners. Choose what you want to talk about, discuss, advertise or post on the website. It’s your platform to the world. Also, it may lead to extra streams of income for you!
- Advertising – Companies spend millions creating brochures and distributing them. With your own website, you may skip that entirely. Your potential customers can find out about you and any of your products online. If you get most of your business through networking and personal connections, then they will want to check out your website.
- Credibility – A well-structured website fosters instant credibility with a customer. Whenever you have difficulty making a sale, or when someone has questions about the authenticity of your company, your website is your instant saviour. Just ask them to visit your website to get all the answers. They will know once they have done that. This will give them more confidence in you and in proceeding with the deal.
- E-mail – A website gives you your own email address which is something like email@example.com. It is more professional and easier to remember. I know you love your firstname.lastname@example.org , but it doesn’t really resonate with customers.
- Proofread your website content to make sure there are no punctuation or grammatical errors in the description, the font is clear enough to read without problems etc.
- Small mistakes can go unnoticed most of the time, but a client with an eye for detail will quickly perceive your company as unprofessional or of low quality because of these.
- However, if the company that is making your website is professional and efficient, you do not have to worry about these matters.
- All you have to do is provide them information and pictures for the company’s profile and products and then just sit back and let them handle it for you.
Contact HyperEffects, if you want to totally rely on a company for all your website related requirements. We provide free business consultation that is very helpful and enlightening for small business owners to understand the power of technology in today’s world and know how to use it to make money for their business.